The year 2022 has embarked on its journey!
Are you still in a dilemma Drupal vs WordPress which CMS will thrive in 2022?
We are here with the exhaustive analysis of both of the CMS giants.
We may provide the custom WordPress development services; it does not mean we think like no other CMS is in-demand.
These days, the IT industry is endowed with assorted PHP-based CMS, including WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, and so on.
In this article, we will comprehensively analyze two beloved CMS of every web developer – Drupal vs WordPress.But before diving deep into how Drup and WordPress stack up with each other, let’s get some intrinsic idea about Drupal & WordPress.
Unlike WordPress, Drupal is also a free and open-source content management system.
This CMS is built on PHP programming language, initially created by Dries Buytaert. It was launched in 2001 and has gained more popularity since 2003.
You would also like to know that Drupal considers itself a web application development tool.
It makes the highly complex website or web app development process easy and fast.
● Approx 600,000+ live websites use Drupal.
● Drupal holds a 2% share of total websites on the internet
● Drupal offers 2500+ themes and 40000+ modules
● Drupal has a vast community of around 1.5 million supporters/members
Some of The Remarkable Entities Using Drupal For Their Websites:
● The European Commission
● Oxford University
● UNICEF Innovation Fund
● Rainforest Alliance
WordPress is a free and open-source PHP-based CMS (Content Management System) initially developed to manage blogging platforms.
Over time, WordPress has evolved itself according to the industry’s requirements; and that’s why now it is one of the preferable website development tools among the developers’ community.
● Total 450+ million websites are powered by WordPress worldwide
● WordPress holds around 50% – 65% share in the global CMS market
● Everyday 500+ website are built on WordPress
● 14.7% of the top 100 websites are powered by WordPress
● 8% of the top 100 blogs are maintained and managed by WordPress CMS
● The query “WordPress” is searched 37 million times every month on Google
● Around 60% of the top 100 companies of USA use WordPress, fully or partially in their online identity
● New York Post
● Tech Crunch
● USA Today
● Sony Music
● Katy Perry
● BBC America
When you google the advantages of embracing Drupal and WordPress to develop a bespoke website, you will find countless benefits of opting for one over another.
1. Open source platform
2. In-depth documentation
3. High scalability
4. Unshakeable security
5. Best for responsive website development
6. Availability of the multilingual feature
7. Outstanding configuration management
8. Built-in web services
9. Fast and flexible web development tool
10. Phenomenal website performance
1. WordPress core software – 100% free & open source
2. Easy & quick website development process
3. No requirement of coding knowledge
4. 100% SEO friendly website development platform
5. Exhaustive control over your website
6. Customizable themes and plugins
7. Ready-to-go web development tool
8. Easy to manage multi-users
9. Frequent updates are available
10. Fully flexible platform
You are reading this article as you have a question about a perfect CMS, whether Drupal or WordPress for 2022?
To be frank, it is impossible to find the answer to this question. In fact, the question should be like, “Which framework should I use to develop this kind of website?”
You should not compare both CMS as a whole, but it will be best practice to compare their features according to your project requirements.
It will better assist you in picking the right tool for the particular project!
If you can’t get more clarity, do contact us! We hold years of experience as a custom website development services.
We have dedicated teams of experienced Drupal as well as WordPress developers.
If you are looking for any of such services, our teams are ready to take their expertise to the table and bring your envisioned CMS based websites to reality!